Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Dead End In Norvelt Blog 4

       The main character Jack Gantos is a refection of myself as a child. As a misbehave character at the wrong time and the wrong place, it reminds of my self as a child. For being grounded for an entire summer, is pretty remarkable to do such a thing. In the text it states that " I'm here in the middle of nowhere wasting my summer because I got grounded for doing the wrong actions" Therefore Jack regrets getting grounded and wasting his whole summer. I've never gotten in trouble that my punishment would last through the ENTIRE summer. I know what he did is wrong but I think that the punishment is wrong and needs to be reduced by his parents.

       After being sent to Military camp for boys for the whole summer. Now Jack has now to face other boys whole did much worse actions did Jack has done. It's now the "Survival of the Fittest" as Jack recall after the first couple of days of the camp. Now Jack has to face 2 1/2 more months of this camp until he gets released and begin school again. Jack recalls being in the camp "horrendous, a jungle, and a prison for young men." Maybe this would not happen if Jack did that one thing that lead up to all of this. Being in Military camp, Jack needs to learn new rules. Jack feels like he's being watched (24/7). If any move Jack does, the guards are on him. This proves his problem at Military camp.    

No comments:

Post a Comment